IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE INDUSTRY MEMBERS
The Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission has unveiled its mandatory, online application filing system (the “Regulatory Licensing and Permitting System” or “RLPS”) which applies to all new applications and any renewals after April 1, 2018. This online based system must be used by all industry members and yes, this applies to all restaurants, bars, hotels, distilleries, breweries, wineries, wholesalers…everyone!
The program is now one month old and in our experience is extremely efficient and intuitive when considering the monumental effort required to streamline such a regulatory undertaking.
We would like to share some guidance pertaining to RLPS provided by TABC Director Byrd…
Let me be frank, this first year will be tough. Any launch of an online platform is difficult and there’s a learning curve. However, our vision is to transform the state’s regulation of the alcoholic beverage industry through technology and innovative leadership. The TABC will achieve this vision under this administration’s leadership.
However, there will be a renewed expectation on the industry to get our existing licenses online this first year. Then it will get easier. Please watch the YouTube videos, read our emails, review our website and the attachment to this email. These resources will answer a lot of your questions.
I promise you, this system will make the TABC exponentially better in the long run. To fulfill our vision, we need your help.
Thank you for your time and attention to this significantly important matter. We look forward to working together.
And here is a message from Assistant Director Zach Blair re: RLPS…
The TABC is excited to announce the launch of the Regulatory Licensing and Permitting System (RLPS) on January 22, 2018. RLPS will allow the agency to more efficiently process licenses and permits, but we will need your help. Please save this e-mail and attachment to use as a required information reference when applying for or renewing a license or permit in RLPS.
- January 22, 2018 – RLPS will be available to the public for account creation.
- February 1, 2018 – All new applications for licenses and permits will be processed with RLPS.
- April 1, 2018 – All current licenses expiring on or after this date must be renewed in RLPS (TABC agents and regulatory officers will provide information related to RLPS during your normally-scheduled renewal inspection which will occur within 60 days of your expiration date).
How you can help:
- During your first renewal with RLPS, please do not initiate the renewal application process until after TABC staff has visited your establishment to complete your inspection (TABC agents and regulatory officers will provide information related to RLPS during your normally-scheduled renewal inspection which will occur within 60 days of your expiration date).
- All individual owner information, including information previously collected on TABC questionnaires and declarations of citizenship, must be submitted in RLPS for new and first year renewal applications (Please see the attached document for acceptable forms of ID). Failure to provide complete ownership information may impact the renewal or issuance of your license.
- Please open the document attached to this e-mail and begin gathering all required information, in electronic format, for your RLPS account.
- Because there is no existing license or permit data in RLPS, licensees will be required to submit all documentation outlined in the attached document for renewal during the first year of RLPS.
Support for RLPS:
- The TABC will have an RLPS support helpdesk to answer customer questions. The helpdesk will be accessible via the main office numbers of the TABC.
- The TABC will be publishing content to assist customers with the use of RLPS before January 22nd.
We are very much looking forward to providing all TABC customers with an improved experience when applying for licenses and permits. The TABC is committed to working with all stakeholders to make this launch a success.
The TABC website is full of helpful tutorials and videos pertaining to RLPS. As always, please feel free to call us here at FPWL at (615) 810-8743 with any questions!
The TABC has posted a new video tutorial on their website. This tutorial demonstrates the process of completing and submitting a license application. You may view this tutorial here:
For an updated list of all published tutorials, please visit the RLPS tutorial page By Clicking Here
Last modified: February 26, 2018