The Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission has published a Frequently Asked Questions document on its website which is helpful for industry members and licensees of all industry types. Director Clayton Byrd, Assistant Director Zack Blair, Staff Attorneys Josh Stepp and Keith Hollingshead-Cook, and the rest of the staff have been working hard to update the TABC’s rules and to publish resource documents such as the FAQ list in order to better assist the alcoholic beverage community. Their efforts are appreciated and are working.
The FAQs are broken down by licensee type and the topics covered include but are certainly not limited to the following:
• What is a manager’s permit and who is required to obtain a manager’s permit?
• Who qualifies as a certified clerk and what paperwork and training is required to register a certified clerk?
• How is the required twenty percent (20%) markup on wine by grocery stores calculated?
• What legal notices am I required to post inside of my restaurant or bar?
• Can I operate a restaurant out of my winery, and if so, what sorts of alcoholic beverage products can I serve?
The TABC’s FAQ list can be found here:
Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can answer any questions for you or assist you with any of your alcoholic beverage business needs.
Last modified: July 26, 2017