Curtis is a founding partner of Farmer Purcell White & Lassiter, PLLC – his practices focuses on working with individuals and small businesses in the areas of alcoholic beverage law and licensing, cannabis/hemp industry law and licensing, business set-up/structuring, litigation, contract negotiation, personal injury, and entertainment-related matters, such as copyright registration, infringement and recapturing, trademark registration applications and related matters, and the negotiation of recording agreements, media appearance agreements, management agreements, and publishing deals.
Curtis routinely advises new and existing businesses on the ever-evolving legal landscape relating to the alcoholic beverage and cannabis/hemp industries. Curtis has extensive experience in assisting breweries and distilleries with the structuring of their business and regulatory licensing process. Curtis also represents beer and alcoholic beverage wholesalers, importers and distributors, as well as retailers such as bars, restaurants, retail package stores, grocery stores, and hotels.
In the cannabis space, Curtis also represents and advises cannabis/hemp industry member growers, processors, and retailers both in and outside of Tennessee.
Curtis prides himself in his ability to take a calculated, cost-based approach to every matter, large or small. Whether opening or winding-up a business, protecting assets against future unknowns, or obtaining maximum recovery for an individual or business involved in a dispute, Curtis keeps the client’s objectives and resources in mind while leveraging the firm’s resources for the client’s advantage.
Curtis and his family moved to Nashville from New Orleans in 2008 and are happy to call Nashville home. Curtis enjoys spending time with his family in the beautiful Tennessee-area outdoors. Curtis is most passionate about the areas live music scene and about exploring the trails and backroads of Tennessee, Georgia, and North Carolina, on his mountain bike.
Curtis frequently presents and produces industry seminars and continuing legal education classes, past involvement includes:
- Kentucky Bourbon Trail CLE Experience (2018)
- 2017 Hemp Industry Week “Local Hemp Chatt” Conference, Contributor
- A Shot of CLE: Alcohol and the Law, Nashville Bar Association (2016)
- Protecting Breweries & Alcohol-Related Brands, Nashville Bar Association (2016)
- Trial Practice – Discovery Disputes, Nashville Bar Association (2015)
- Religion and the Courts, Presenter
- Sound Exchange v. XM Radio: The Future of Digital Royalties, 2012 IBMA Music Conference, Presenter
- Bankruptcy: Chapter 7 Issues, Presenter
- Principles of Negotiation and Alternative Dispute Resolution, Producer and Moderator
- Bankruptcy and Divorce: Can I Divorce My Debts As Well As My Spouse? Producer and Moderator
- State Court Practice and the Rules of Civil Procedure, Producer
- “Write Off the Row” Songwriter Education Series, Presenter